Devil wants to distract you. One of the fastest way is to get you to marry a wrong person to derail your destiny.
Ask yourself 3 things about the person:
1) What is the history of this person’s decision?
You don’t marry personality but character. Character is formed by the history of their decisions.
2) Whose voice do they respect and trust?
You might be marrying the voice of the person they trust!
3) What is their daily routine?
“If you show me your routine, I can show you where you will be 10 years down the road.” Success doesn’t come in a day but comes daily.
In Hebrew language, no word for “face” singular but always “faces” plural. It is multi-faceted.
Family background: The apple does not fall too far from the apple tree.
Attitude: Good outside, ugly inside.
Compatibility: Financial, economic, culturally, faith. Just because you’re both saved, not enough!
Experience: You marry everybody they have been. If you get a reaction bigger than the action you did, the reaction is about something that happened before you met.
Skills: What they bring to the table.
“You are the average of the 5 people you spend time with.” – Jim Rohn
Ask yourself 8 Questions about your relationships:
1. What have they got you Doing?
2. What have they got you Listening to?
3. What have they got you Reading?
4. Where have they got you Going?
5. How have they got you Thinking?
6. What have they got you Talking?
7. How have they got you Feeling?
8. What have they got you Saying?
It is better to be alone than to be in wrong company.
The less you associate with some people, the more your life will improve.
Not everyone has the right to speak into your life.
Evil is anything that distracts from your purpose and your God-given mission. Good things can distract.
Doing good works can be an enemy to doing God works.